Wednesday, May 16, 2007

For my Friend, Miura-san

This is a photo of my daughter, McKenna, in the kimono given to her by my very dear friend, Emiko Miura, in Japan. Next to McKenna you will see an authentic kokeshi doll that belonged to Miura-san and her mother. McKenna does not actually get to play with the kokeshi doll, but she does come out for photo opportunities like this one, otherwise, she and her sister kokeshi grace the entry of our home. They were wedding gifts and truly one of my families most cherished possessions. Hello Miura-san! I hope you have a chance to see this!!! I miss you!

2 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

What a great picture. Your daughter looks adorable. Did you live in Japan?

Jo Raines said...

What a cutie! And I will enjoy your quilting journey through your blog. I can't beleive I've been away from blogging for almost two months swamped with getting samples done for classes, shows, and our upcoming Shop Hop (I work at a small quilt shop and am the only employee!). Blogging is fun and I'm getting back in.