Monday, December 13, 2010

Week of December 6


McKenna and I are trying to document all the fun things we do in this weekly blog. So here goes it for this past week:

- Got a contract for the house on Herbert Drive (HooRay!)

- On Sunday night Aunt and Uncle Bluebird (aka Hilda and Maurice) took McKenna to see "Meadow Lights" Christmas display. They came home with LOTS of candy. McKenna's favorite was the peacock (who's ever heard of a Christmas peacock!) She is just telling me now that her favorite candy was the Root Beer Taffy.

- Aunt Hilda has eye surgery today

- Renea was sick and we forgot to bring in our snack for school (oh, the horror!). Luckily Ms. Barber let me off easy when I brought in Christmas cupcakes today.

- We put up our Christmas tree. I still have all the glass ornaments since I was a kid (the ones that have not broken over all our moves). Plus I ordered some off eBay. It took us 3 days of non stop placement and we finally got them all on. I am not kidding when I say we probably have 500 on the tree!

- The Undercover Quilters from Corinth Holders area met for our annual Christmas Party.

- I have another piece at the Clayton Visual Art Center on display this month. Diane, LaVare and I went to the "meet the artist" reception. No one asked for my autograph... :(

- McKenna went on her FIRST FIELD TRIP. She took a real train from the Raleigh station to Selma. They went to see Polar Express. The kids wore PJs just like in the movie. At the end of the movie, Ms. Barber passed out a special snowflake bell to each of the students. It was a great day!!! The photo above was before the trip in her class t-shirt, Sponge Bob Long Johns and PJ bottoms. That's my latest quilt behind McKenna.

If I am late sending out the Christmas cards, it is because I was working on this blog... In addition to Blah, Blah, Bog Mondays, we are also planning Family Game Night on Wednesday.


No comments: