Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009






















Joe, McKenna and I took a 4 day weekend. For the first half of the weekend we visited Baby House. On Thursday, we had a wonderful family day. We had a great lunch on the ocean at Surf City, then walked on the beach and played and chased each other; got wet and sandy since that is what you are suppose to do at the beach.

Joe had to use the van on Friday so McKenna and I were pretty much stranded. Joe called late that afternoon and I told him I had just had one of the best days of my life. McKenna and I dyed Easter eggs, had a big time egg hunt (with My Little Pony prize eggs), and we took a very long walk. We went to Mr. Russel's and took turns pushing each other on his swing that looks out over the intercoastal. We walked on his dock and I saw a big black snake. It was just a beautiful day with the BEST company.
We love it there, but we think it may be time to sell and focus on the farm. We will need to be home on theweekends to feed the critters. I have found a leopard app mare that sounds perfect (but it not hard to find a horse I like!).

Saturday we 3 had a fun time. Joe brought is old truck, THE BEAST, home froma boat hauling duty. We went to pick up mower and a hiller from AgriSupply. On the way we got NC hot dogs at Flowers and I proceded to so much chili all over my clothes that I had to wear Joe's coat into the store. We had McKenna's car seat in the front, with me in the middle. We had just come back from the beach and just looked like crazy folks in that old truck, all us of dirty...it was as fun as it was funny.

Sunday, we planted 5 rows of vegetable that were about 75 feet long. Mostly onions and potatoes went into the ground along with peppers of all kinds, garlic, scallions, marigolds, watermelon and cataloupe. Joe showed me my second black snake of the weekend making his way slowly through the woods. I made a vow to TRY and not freak out nor harm any black snakes until we are somewhat over run with them.

THAT's what I call a GREAT WEEKEND! : )
(less the snakes...)

No comments: