Monday, February 12, 2007

Kaffe Fassett Log Cabin


I am still working on the Mystery Quilt. I've just finished up 48 log cabins which I laid out on my design wall as if it were a quilt. What do you think? I would like to see more variety of values to give it interest. I have a lot of left over fabrics and I have note decided what I want to do with it yet. I don't think I will be making this. Check out Kaffe Fassett's Red Courthouse Stairs. Now that is worth making!

I just asked my dad if he could dig up an old velvet crazy qult my grandmothers made for my parents. I would like to rework it and add some damask, silk, satin and beads. Put it on the list of things to do!

CURRENT LIST OF QUILTS I PLAN TO MAKE
1. Must make dad's Christmas Quilt (hopefully can deliver by father's day). This is Kaffe Fassett's handkerchief squares pattern -- all stripes. Well it should be an experience. I am using the very last of the now discountinued fabrics as seen in the book which I purchased from Glorious Color. If they are out, I am really going to be in trouble if I cut something wrong. I have decided to totally go in another direction from the instructions in the book and do it my own way. I will let you know how it goes. I will soon be searching for some chartruese thread as that is the key color doe the center of the block -- how fun!
2. Kaffee Fasset Rice Bowls - Mindy and I plan to make this as a project. Hoping we can knock it out in a day if we get organized and precut.
3. Kung Poa Sue - I cannot wait to get back to some nice, fun applique!!!
4. Deena's Wish - This may be my new master bedroom spread. Looking forward to work on a traditional Aunt Grace.
5. Finish my sampler from my beginning quilt class.
6. Roses patten I bought over a year ago at the Whistle Stop after seeing the sample on the wall.
7. Wedding Ring with posy applique. I think this pattern and the one above and below are out of the same quilt boot from Black Mountain Quilts. I'll try to post a picture some time.
8. Serendipity Charm pack quilt -- already have the fabric for the one.
9. State Flowers Quilt - the entire reason I started quilting in the first place!
10. Jesse' Wedding Quilt - thank God I have an entire year to work on it! I cannot wait to get started on this one! Joe and I agree the quilt I selected for her, looks just like her. It's so pretty and I am excited to make it for her!
11. Funky quilt for the beach house.
12. Bunnies Love Chocolate
13. Baltimore Bunnies Album Quilt
14. Nathan's College Quilt - I promised Virginia I would make Nathan a quilt for when he leaves for college. By the time I finish all of the above, I might be ready to start this one. I hope I keep my interest in quilting up to get all this done!

No comments: